Tell The Senate

Tell The Senate
Let Vets Use Cannabis for PTSD

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Game of Rooms

At a time like this, which exists maybe only for me, but is nonetheless real, if I can communicate, and in the telling and the bearing of my soul anything is gained, even though the words which I use are pretentious and make you cringe with embarrassment, let me remind you of the pilgrim who asked for an audience with the Dalai Lama.
He was told he must first spend five years in contemplation. After the five years, he was ushered into the Dalai Lama's presence, who said, 'Well, my son, what do you wish to know?' So the pilgrim said, 'I wish to know the meaning of life, father.'
And the Dalai Lama smiled and said, 'Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"

-Procol Harum, In Held 'Twas In I 

Are you tired of hearing me talk about looking for a place to live? I am too. Seems like a lifetime ago that Doctor Wu and I lived in Mum's old house in CT. I've lived in 3 places since December and go back to an extended stay on Friday. And poor Doctor wound up in Jersey! Oh, how the mighty have fallen. 

Some say that I'm a wise man, some think that I'm a fool
It doesn't matter either way: I'll be a wise man's fool

Work from 10 - 6:30 today. Tonight I'll pack the nightstand and winter close in the car and bring them to the storage unit maƱana. 

The hardest part of finding a place is finding someone without a dog, as this is dog country. It will be good to leave my OCD roommate behind forever. He's a self-hating gay man who listens to bible-thumper radio and gets Watchtower Magazine (Jehovah's Witnesses.) Witnesses believe that the destruction of the world through Armageddon is imminent. Good luck with that. My journey continues, far away from this moron's cycle of madness. I leave him to wallow in his own despair. 

As for me, to brighter things on distant shores!

In the autumn of my madness when my hair is turning grey
for the milk has finally curdled and I've nothing left to say

No comments:

Post a Comment