Tell The Senate

Tell The Senate
Let Vets Use Cannabis for PTSD

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Fall of Giants

It's only mid-March, but we've already had several rock and roll casualties. David Bowie died on Jan. 10. He was a visionary and an amazing talent, always changing, always innovating.



 Glenn Fry died on Jan 18. He was an egotistical douche. Growing up in the 70s, with a Mum who always listening to AM radio, the Eagles' soft, adult rock, easy listening, AM friendly, wussy music was always on. I remember one summer, down the Jersey Shore, I heard One of these Nights 5 times in one day. And I thought, one of these nights, I'm going to punch Glenn Fry in his giant nose and change the pitch of his voice forever. Unfortunately, that chance never came and he went on to be the bane of my existence during the 80's. His 1982 album sucked ass on a universal level, played over and over on FM radio. He tried like hell to become an actor. From Wikipedia;

He guest starred on Miami Vice in the first season episode "Smuggler's Blues", inspired by his hit song of the same name, and had a starring role in the "Dead Dog Arc" of Wiseguy.[26] 

But sucked as an actor as much as he did a musician. And a human being. Watch History of the Eagles. He and Don Henley were/are horrible people. 

I love this scene:
The Big Lebowski- The Dude hates the Eagles


ELP-Brain Salad Surgery

And on March 10th, we lost Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake and Palmer. He nerve damage in his right hand that severely affected his keyboard playing. He died of a single gunshot wound to the head. Policed have ruled it suicide.

So today, while I tried to pull the strings of my life inward on my only day off, I can only declare it ELP day. ELP had some unbelievable albums. Time to listen to a bunch of them.

- - - 

Wednesday

I've worked in 5 places in the last 3 days. I've gotten a reputation for being a whoor (I'll always take extra work,) so they offer it to me. 

Waiting to hear from the place I wanted to rent.

All else is copacetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment